Finmail Outlook Add-in
World's first digital currency transfer service integrated with e-mail
User Guide for Outlook Add-in
Welcome to the Finmail add-in User Guide for Outlook and Hotmail!
The Finmail Add-in for Outlook and Hotmail will help you to instantly send/receive digital assets, i.e. USDT and Bitcoins. Based on blockchain technology, when reading/composing an email in Outlook/Hotmail, the system will automatically sync up the results of your assets to the email being written. With Finmail, you can easily manage both email and digital assets on the same email platform, make payments and sync them up automatically, thus improving collaboration and productivity.
The Finmail Outlook add-in has been approved by Microsoft and, is available through the Office Store.
Please note that since the service is relevant to digital currency, some basic knowledge is required before using it, including digital currency and blockchain technology.
- Free or subscribed Microsoft email account, including Outlook, Hotmail or Office 365 business.
- Microsoft web or desktop email client, including outlook.com, hotmail.com or Outlook Desktop
- Access to the Internet
The add-in can be installed directly from the Microsoft Office Store. Follow the steps below to perform the installation:
1. In Hotmail or Outlook client, open to compose a new email, display the extension menu and click “Get Add-ins”:
2. In the popup dialog box, search "add-ins" then type "Finmail":
3. Click "Finmail -Digital Asset Management" button:
4. In the add-in description page, click "Add" to install the add-in:
5. After finishing installation close the add-in installation dialog:
6. Close the add-in installation dialog.
Create a Finmail account
As a new user, please create a Finmail account associated to your email box. Follow the steps below to get started:
1. Click the "New Email" or "New message" button on the toolbar to bring up the new mail dialog.
If the add-in has been properly installed, the “Finmail” option will appear in the toolbar or extension menu. Click this option to display the Sign up page, as shown below.
To prevent someone from pretending to be you to reset your password when you are away from using emai client, use a mailbox that cannot be viewed through your current email client, i.e. Hotmail/Outlook, as backup mailbox.
2. Enter a new Finmail password and backup mailbox, as shown below:
3. When the Finmail account has been created successfully, the system will prompt to check the backup mailbox and, sign in automatically after 10 seconds.
4. You will get an email with verification link to your backup mailbox as below:
5. Click the link, you will get a verification result in web browser as below:
6. After 10 seconds, you will get signed in automatically as below:
7. After successful signing up, the system will create a Finmail account that is tied to your primary email account, including deposit address, deposit history, payout history and profile. The initial balance is 0.
Note that we support neither shared nor group mailbox for now.
Sign in/Sign out
To secure Finmail account, please sign in before using the add-in and, sign out after using it.
1. Once you have created a new Finmail account, you need to sign in before using the add-in as below. If you forget the password, you can click the "forgot" link to reset. For more details please refer to the "Reset Finmail password" chapter.
2. After using the Finmail add-in, please be sure to click the "Sign out" button in the Profile panel as shown below. Otherwise your Finmail account will be signed out automatically after closing the add-in for a short while.
You can switch currency between USDT and Bitcoin by changing the currency unit under "Payout"/"Amount". The currency information will also be updated accordingly.
Before making any payout, make sure the account balance is sufficient. Deposit more money into the account and then proceed with the payout. Both Bitcoin and USDT payment methods are supported. The payout limitations are:
BITCOIN - 1 BTC/day
USDT - 10,000 USDT/day
Note that both USDT and BTC share the same deposit address.
1. To copy the deposit address click the address line under the “deposit address” as shown below. A warning dialog for accessing the clipboard address will appear. Click “Allow access”. A message Address copied will appear. This means that the deposit address has been copied to the clipboard. If the message does not appear, please try those steps again.
2. Now that the address is copied, paste it into a USDT/Bitcoin or into any other specific wallet you are paying from. Review the payment process through the “History”panel during deposit confirmation period as shown below. Only three confirmations are required. This process can take around thirty minutes.
3. Check the confirmation status in the “History” page as below:
4. Review Finmail balance details in the “payout” page as below
Finmail allows you to make a payout at the same time compose or reading an email. This feature will sync the email and the payment details automatically.
1. To make a payout, enter the receiving address and amount into the “payout” tab. The two types of speed and fee are:
1) Receiver has no Finmail account - This payment type is external. The payout Goes through the USBT/Bitcoin main network. The speed can be between one and twelve hours with a different fee in BTC. Both amount and speed/fee have value estimation in USD. Presently we support paying USDT only through BTC network, therefore only BTC format address is acceptable. The support for other networks like ETH, EOS and TRON may be added in future.
2) Receiver has a finmail account - This type of payment is internal. It does not go through Bitcoin’s main network. The payment is handled instantly and the fee is 0. The payment can be “internal by email” or “internal by currency address”.
NOTE: use the primary address as the receiving address. Shared and group mailboxes are not supported. If you make a payout to a previously shared address currently converted to an individual address, the payout could fail to go through. If this happens contact us as soon as possible to get support from our dedicated team.
Both speed and fee for the Bitcoin main network are given as below. Payment type is determined afterward:
2. Click the “Pay” button and enter your Finmail password as below:
3. Click the "Confirm" button. If the payout is successful, the system will show "OK" and automatically add the payout information to the message automatically as below:
4. You can view the payout history through the “History” tab as below:
5. To get the full receiver address, move your mouse over the address abbreviation as below:
6. The transaction details can also be reviewed by clicking the item as below:
7. The receiver will also get a system-generated message about the payment as below:
8. For demo purposes, we make some other types of payment as below. The email can then be sent to the recipient.
9. After the email has been sent, the recipient will receive it with payment details, as shown below
10. If the recipient has already installed the Finmail add-in, he/she can open the add-in panel to review the payment details, as shown below:
It is possible to change both Finmail password and backup mailbox through the outlook or hotmail finmail add-in. In case where the user has forgotten his/her password, the add-in has an option to reset it.
NB: ALWAYS KEEP YOUR PASSWORD PRIVATE.
How to change Finmail password and backup mailbox
1. Click the "Profile" tab to change Finmail password and backup mailbox as below:
2. To change the password, enter the current Finmail password to confirm ownership of the account. Then enter either new Finmail password or backup mailbox as shown below:
3. Click on the "Change" button and the system will display the change result, as shown below:
4. To change backup mailbox, follow the same steps mention above (steps 1,2,3). Once the backup mailbox has been successfully changed, log into to the account and verify this process. If this process is not verified password reset function will work. For more information refer to the Email Authentication section in the "Create a Finmail account" chapter.
Forgot your password: How to reset Finmail password
1. Click on the "Profile" tab, click the "reset" link to the right of "Current Finmail Password" as shown below:
2. When the password reset is successful, the system will prompt you to check your backup mailbox at the same time send the reset password to the backup mailbox, as shown below:
3. Open the email with reset password in the backup mailbox, as shown below:
4. On the “Profile” page, enter the reset password into “Current Finmail Password” and a new Finmail password (To change this password follow the steps listed above on how to change your password but this time use the provided reset password as current password) as below:
5. Click on the "Change" button. The system will give the change result as below:
Support and Declaration
If you need any support, please feel free to contact us via the homepage message or email@example.com.
We make our best to ensure the safety and security of the digital currency you store in your vault, but we cannot guarantee the damage caused by a forceless accident.